Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Inky-Pinky-Ponky state of affairs

Oh, so you finally made the time to go hit the departmental store and pick up your next body wash!Congratulations. There are good chances that the seasons have changed and you want to pick a new product. You've figured out two things: the budget and that you need it for daily use. Right O! Now choosing a product will be a cake walk for you...NOT! With the range of products available in the market today, sweetheart that was highly optimistic of you. 

Like us, I am sure that many of you frequently find yourselves in that situation where you have chosen 3-4 products and just don't know which one to go home with. You find yourself stuck in the aisle, helplessly looking from one product to the other and finally resort to singing inky pinky ponky to make your decision.  So I thought why not make a ready reckoner here! In this article, I will compare three every-day body wash  products that you might want to take home. To spice things up a little, I have titled the contest as "Beating the Blues" (which explains why all of them are fruity/flowery scented). Well, I know my winner but do post in your comments and let us know which ones you pick. Happy reading! 














As you can see these are three heavyweight brands in the Indian market: Nivea, Fiama Di Wills and Palmolive. I tried to make it a fair fight and chose three fresh scented, non-cream based shower gels all falling with in the price range of 150-200 Rupees.

Lets start with the Fiama Di Wills Brazilian Orange and Ginseng Fresh Revive shower gel: its smells energetic and can pack a punch into your morning. The shower gel has a smooth texture and shines like grounded Bappi Da's gold chain. That inspires me to sing "disco dewane" in the shower- every morning!! On the flip-side, the scent really doesn't last too long ( not even till the end of the wash) and doesn't lather too much which somehow leaves me thirsting for more. In other words, it makes my mornings O-R-D-I-N-A-R-Y and I ain't gonna have myself any of that!

Palmolive's Aroma Therapy Morning Tonic is well, a tonic. I apologize for not taking the time to really lead you to my opinion. Sorry. The reason I call it a tonic is because of the one time the shower gel accidentally got into my mouth and eyes, I heard Alicia Keys loud and clear- This girl is on fiirrreeee, this girl on fire...I'm walking on fiiirrreee... The shower gel didn't smell decent, the texture was too thin for my taste and frankly, it couldn't taste any bitter(hey, I might as well taste it while it was there on my tongue)! What a traaagic Monday morning. Never again.

This brings us to the shower gel that has joined my list of favourites and is the clear winner of  "Beating the Blues": Nivea's Frangi Pani & Oil Shower Gel. The texture of the gel is clear & thick and it comes with pretty yellow micro-beads. It has a wonderfully neoteric scent that lingers on waaay after the shower. It forms a decent lather without leaving the skin dry. The bottle and the name reminds me of Yo-Yo's Aj blue hai pani ... Beach scenes on Monday mornings- who wouldn't like that? As Barney says, its "AWE-WAIT FOR IT-SOME!!"
Well, I hope this gives you some idea of what to pick on your next trip to the store. Until next time, happy bathroom singing!







No comments:

Post a Comment